Click the link to be redirected to SIPlay, our registration page. Scroll down for COVID-19 considerations and program overviews!
Winter 2020-2021 Masters Rowing
SRA is excited to offer a socially distant, family-friendly option this winter! Click HERE to head over to our Holiday Session page for more details!
Despite the challenges, SRA is committed to training at a high level and progress towards our mission of fostering excellence. The goal of the winter session is to maximize fitness gains in preparation for the Spring season. SRA will take all the necessary precautions to ensure our coaches, our athletes, and our families, stay safe during the COVID-19 era (See below)
Winter Session Schedule
- Monday, 5:30-6:45 am
- Wednesday, 5:30-6:45 am
- Friday, 5:30-6:45 am
Ready to register
Winter Covid-19 Considerations
All of us at SRA are committed to keeping our staff, our athletes, and our families SAFE! Here are the steps we are taking to make this happen.
Level 1 Training
- Winter training will take place in the bays.
- 8 ergs in each side bay
- 12 ergs in the middle bay.
- 8 ergs in the Pavilion
- Limit 12 athletes upstairs at the boathouse as a time.
- Limit 16 athletes in the Sculling Pavilion
- No working out at the training center.
- Bay doors will be open during workouts.
- Athletes can expect to workout outside should the real feel be above 25 degrees.
- The SRA gear store is open, and includes hi-visibility gear, lights, and cold gear. Gear from the store is not mandatory, but appropriate gear for low light and cold weather is!
- HVAC filters have been upgraded to Merv-13 in congruence with NYS Guidelines.
- Room limits have been calculated based upon current guidelines and 33% capacity.
- Athletes will be required to be masked when practicing indoors and will be permitted to remove masks when practicing outdoors (maintaining social distancing). For example: if there is a nice day, we will be able to bring the ergometers outside in the parking lot and maintain the spacing and remove the masks. If we go for a run or workout in the park, the athletes will not be required to wear the masks once the activity begins
Level 2 Training
- In the event “gyms” get shut down, ergs will be sent home with athletes (with varsity getting priority, underclassmen 2nd, and modified athletes last). Additionally, we’ll continue to train outdoors at the State Park, Saratoga Waterfront Park, and other public venues.
Level 3 Training
- In the event NYS gets locked down, athletes will continue to train independently and check-in with coaches via zoom.
Refunds will only be issued if we are locked down for 2 or more consecutive weeks. If this happens, families will be credited 1/12th of their season dues for every week we are unable to offer Level 1 or 2 training.
SRA is pleased to offer several programs, both on and off the water, structured to meet the differing goals and schedules of the adult rowing community.
The SRA Masters Rowing Programs are open to all Adult Rowers (age 22 and up). While all rowing skill levels are welcome, if you are a beginner, we recommend either prior participation in the winter training program, attending the “Adult Learn-to-Row” Program in July and August, and/or taking private rowing lessons (contact the SRA Business Manager for details on private instruction)
Whether you are training to win a national championship, rowing for fitness only, or just enjoy getting on the water occasionally, the SRA Masters Rowing Program is for you!!
Regardless of your goals, our training programs and on-water crews are developed based on your individual rowing skill level. For those interested, many competitive opportunities exist throughout the year. Never raced?? Try it – you’ll be hooked!!
QUESTIONS?? Please feel free to contact us at 518-587-6697 or email@example.com
6-week blocks of indoor training on the ergometers and with weights and body circuits. Experienced and novice train together in these 90-minute blocks.
SRA Masters offers 3-seasons of On-The-Water rowing:
- Spring Season: April 1st to June 22nd
- Summer Season: June 24th to August 31st
- Fall Season: September 3rd to November 1st
For fees and practice schedule, please contact our business manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Babes (and Dudes) with Blades give the beginner and intermediate-level rower instruction and opportunities to row single and double sculling boats in small groups. The cost of each session is based on the number of participants. The sessions are usually held weekdays, in the early morning and lunch hour, with one session offered on Saturdays. Pay only for the sessions you attend.
Any SRA member enrolled in the Master's program may earn his or her “Scull Alone” certification by demonstrating an aptitude for rowing a single, passing a flip test and paying a small additional fee. This certification allows the rower to use an SRA recreational single without a coach and during the club’s open hours.