Click here to be redirected to SportsEngine, our registration page!
SRA Junior Competitive
Featuring competitive rowing for athletes from 7th to 12th grades, SRA is one of the largest and strongest competitive rowing programs in the country. It is a priority at SRA that every member of every squad: modified (7th-8th grade), freshman (9th grade only), and varsity (10th-12th grade) row regularly in practice and compete in races. Everyone rows, Everyone races.
SRA Junior competitive program is made up mainly of rowers from Saratoga Spring High School and Middle Schools. There are also members of the program from the surrounding communities whose schools do not have their own rowing program including Ballston Spa, Spa Catholic, Christian Brothers Academy, Schuylerville, Waldorf School of Saratoga, and a few others.
SRA competes in both Scholastic Regattas (everyone in the boat must be from the same school) and Club Regattas (everyone must be a member of the same club, but not necessarily attend the same school).
The Junior competitive program is made up of 3 distinct seasons: Spring, Summer, and Fall.
The Spring Season begins in February (depending on age and other sports) and finishes the first weekend of June. This season features the most scholastic racing and involves a good bit of travel depending on the crew. Practices are typically after school in the 3-6 PM time span.
The Summer Season begins at the end of June and runs through the second week of August. The Canadian Henley regatta is the featured week-long regatta at the end of the season. The summer is not a scholastic season and is open to athletes from outside the SRA community who wish to join. Practices for the rising 10th-12th graders are generally from 6:45-9:00 AM.
The Fall season begins the first week of September and finishes the first week of November. There is less travel than the spring season, and this season is also non-scholastic. Practices are typically after school also in the 3-6 PM time span. Financial aid and scholarship opportunities are available in the form of our "Rower's Assistance Program."
Spring 2023 Junior Competive Team
Varsity: March 1st- May 28th (some athletes may continue on to USRowing Youth Nationals in June)
Freshmen: March 1st - May 28th
If you want to view the preliminary practice schedule or to meet the coaches, scroll to the bottom of the page!
Spring 2023 Middle School Modified Team
March 1 - May 28
More information and practice schedule for the middle schoolers will come out shortly. It will be based on the following:
3 days of rowing 1 day of land for the 7th graders & 4 days of rowing 1 day of land for the 8th graders
Highschool Spring 2023 Schedule
- February 17-25: Feb Break Florida Training Trip (Optional)
- March 1: Start of Spring (While on land: 4-5 days per week, 3:30-5:30. Once on water: 5-6 days per week, 3:30-6:00 PM)
- March 11: Mohawk Meltdown (Indoor race, Niskayuna)
- April 8-16: April Break--Occoquan Reservoir, VA (training trip + Saturday race)
- April 22: Day Scrimmage up to 2 hours away
- April 29-30: Saratoga Invitational (Home)
- May 6: Important Training Day
- May 13-14: NY State Championships (Home)
- SRAA Nationals: May 24-27 (Oak Ridge, TN)--Qualified and internally selected crews only
- Pittsford Regatta: May 27-28 (Pittsford, NY)--Club Regatta
- June 7-11: Youth National Championships (Sarasota, FL)--Qualified and internally selected crews only