Office Update

Office Update

Dear SRA Families,
In an effort to keep you informed in this time of uncertainty here is an update of SRA office logistics. We already run a very tight ship when it comes to budgeting and running programs as efficiently as possible and yet this week we looked for even more ways to tighten the belt. Staffing has been reduced as much as possible and for the immediate future I (Katherine) will be the contact for office logistics. Please continue to use the office email, info@saratogarowing.com for office business. Office voicemails are being monitored as well and my cell phone # listed below if urgent issues.
Hopefully you saw Cat’s Wednesday email, his diagram showed what a huge impact regatta income is for SRA’s budget, it is how we keep costs as low as possible for families each season. With the loss of several spring regattas now, we are balancing the needs of the rowers and families as well as managing the cash flow of the organization. We are being especially mindful of payroll. Even though our doors are required to be closed right now, our coaches, who are so committed to all the kids all year long, have personal obligations as well and we are trying to avoid causing additional stress for the staff during this challenging time.
We know there are questions regarding spring season. We are aware that some kind of refunds are most likely going to be on the table, we just need to figure out what the process and appropriate amounts for that will be. We know that food tent fees and any volunteer opt outs will most likely need to be returned and that final decision will be easier once we know more about any possibility of holding States, either in May or later this season. There have been some requests for prorated options for season fees if it comes to that as well. New information comes in every day and we will be in a better position to make those decisions in a couple more weeks.
We do have one request for how everyone can help right now. What we need most is for each SRA family to please be patient and give us a little more time to work through the many logistics and numerous factors we are trying to juggle. We know this is a trying time for everyone, we have even heard that a number of our families are having additional struggles, facing job layoffs and reduced wages themselves. Your patience with this just a little bit longer while we work together to figure out the best course of action will help a great deal. SRA needs your support more than ever right now.

I have been involved with SRA for over nine years. I left the boathouse yesterday with a box of work-from-
home supplies and a heavy heart. Spring is the time of year when the rowers excitement is building as they know the ergs are being put away and their oars will soon hit real water. I have watched numerous kids go thru the programs, my own two daughters included. I have seen the impact first hand on how the skills they learn and develop at SRA shapes their lives in ways far beyond the fast boats they make and medals they earn.
SRA truly is a family, a great collection of athletes of all ages, as well as parents and our staff. We’ve been blessed with so many great rowers, families and volunteers we rarely hit problems or ‘hard times’ that can’t be quickly solved. These next few months will test us all. But I truly believe, as we get through it together, this club I have come to know and love will be bonded even stronger than before.
Thank you for your patience and all you do for SRA, as families, rowers and members. All the best, Katherine
Katherine Smith
Interim CFO | katherinesmith.sra@gmail.com | 518-275-8476

About the Author

By ejcat3 / Administrator on Mar 22, 2020